Well, it’s officially happened here in Chicago — today we all innocently woke up, groggy and unsuspecting, to snow on the ground. Our commutes to work consisted of getting hit in the face by mounds of slush and our feet being soaked to the bone by the time we stepped into the threshold of our office.
All of this to say: it feels like fall has gone out the door, and we are officially into survival mode — packing on cozy layers of sherpa and cashmere and wool before we dare step foot out the door. If it isn’t going to make me feel like I’m wrapped in a warm hug, I no longer want to wear it.
It’s the first weekend of November, and whether your weekend will consist of 60-something days and the crisp feels of fall, or you too are damned by the Midwest, I can guess you’re down to get dirty with all-things soft, cozy, and chic.
Here’s what to wear to all of your casual weekend plans:
1. Sherpa jacket + leggings + slip-on sneakers + tote
2. Puffer jacket + sweater + boyfriend jeans + sherpa boots
3. Oversized sweater + leather leggings + scarf + white sneakers
4. Corduroy jacket + white tee + black jeans + black booties + round crossbody
5. Sherpa jacket + thermal + black jeans + sneakers + pom hat
6. Sweater dress + oversized denim jacket + sneakers + leather tote
7. Fuzzy sweatshirt + joggers + slippers